FROM CITY TO FARM or I'VE GOT THE COCK, NOW WHAT .... Ramblings political, humourous, opinionated and/or creative writing from a man in flux

20081223

20081223 p.s.

After I posted, I remembered that I had originally described the other blogger, in vague terms designed not to identify her but to indicate that I had not made her up.  I commented that she was from Texas and that she had one hell of a good plastic surgeon, and at the end of my post thanked her for voting.  A Democrat from Texas is worth noting because of the rarity of the occurrence, and I sincerely compliment her on her choice of surgeon because she doesn't look Joan Rivers, she looks great.  Either surgery or she has a portrait in her attic that really looks awful.  And with the traditional low turn-out in voters, it is great to read about the work she did stumping for her beliefs.  I didn't think I needed to explain any of that, but I should have known better. The point of her post was that she made a difference; the point of my comment was that she was not the only one who worked hard to get someone elected and that a whole group of those others had been insulted or spurned or denigrated by the winner's choice of a raging homophobe to deliver the invocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

recently retired to southern Mexico from Canada